[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.2rc1 fails on RHEL4 2.6.9 kernel: missing keyring defines?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:56:41 -0400

"chas williams - CONTRACTOR" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> In message <sjm8xlemcfu.fsf@cliodev.pgp.com>,Derek Atkins writes:
>>Actually, I just looked more closely at this patch -- I have no way to
>>test that it works because I'm not running the kernel that has this
>
> that's useful.  how do you even know the module works?
>
>>#if !defined(KEY_POS_VIEW) || !defined(KEY_POS_SEARCH)
>>#error "Your version of keyring support does not have KEY_POS_"
>>#endif
>
> or you could just slip them into the key_alloc(), like this:
>
> 	key_alloc(0,0,0,KEY_POS_VIEW|KEY_POS_SEARCH,0);

Except that wont work properly, because the key_alloc test failure
wont turn off keyring support.  The test for whether or not to
use the keyring is based PURELY on the existence of keyctl() and
request_key().

>>Which is the preferred method?
>
> since 2.6.9-rhel seems like a common kernel it would be nice to
> get these people keyring/pag support if its available in a useful
> fashion.  can you test it?

WHICH 2.6.9 rhel kernel?  There are a dozen of them, and I only have
one, 2.6.9-5.  I can't test it on all of them, and I don't have the
"state 2" kernel (see my previous email) which is causing this particular
build issue.

-derek