[OpenAFS-devel] Kernel panic with openafs 1.4.0

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:13:24 -0400

On Thursday, August 24, 2006 07:02:16 PM -0400 chas williams - CONTRACTOR
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> someone else already pointed that out.  it probably should just be
> wrapped in a do { } while(0) but your alternative is probably fine.
> however, it seems a little less clear than the do while.

Wrapping it in a do will fix the specific example I pointed out, but won't
be enough if AFS_ASSERT_GLOCK() is used in places that statements aren't
allowed.  If there are no such places, then yes, wrapping it in a do and
being done with it seems like a fine answer.