[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:03:05 -0400

In message <26800.1154527782@warthog.cambridge.redhat.com>,David Howells writes
:
>> which uses the public bits of the keyring api and a bit of information from
>> task 1 to allocate and link a new session keyring.
>
>I like your ingenuity:-)

and i may have to resort to this ingenuity again.  it looks like there is
a move to remove the kernel syscalls.  secondarily, the kernel syscall
interface might be broken on some platforms.

>Whilst I could do that, I'm not sure it'd help you as you'd need to use the
>RCU interface to access keyrings directly.

the only rcu interface i need to use is rcu_assign_pointer() when i
install the session key.  but an smp_wb() should be sufficient.  other
uses of rcu wont be necessary since the pag keys only use the .value
stub where again i could just use smp_wb().