[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.4.2rc1 Oops During setpag on Linux 2.6.17

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:06:46 -0400

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>In situations like this, it's important to get the _first_
> register and stack dump, not some later one.

I went back and reviewed the serial console output and that's the first
oops dumped to the console.  I just built 1.4.2 FC2 and now I don't get
an Oops, but the machine reboots with no message.  To make sure this was
the case, I started into single user mode, started the network, started
afs and then run 'pagsh'.  This locks up the machine for ~5 seconds and
then then host reboots like you'd pressed a reset button.  This is still
Fedora 4 x86_64 with 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp.  I'm going to try some other
platforms here shortly, but I've really been needed to get PAGs for
x86_64 which is why I tried there first.

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Group