[OpenAFS-devel] solaris 10 x86 64-bit lwp compile issues

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:15:58 -0500 (EST)

I got it compiled all the way through without choking...

It was mainly just changes to the compiler cflags -D_LP64 -xarch=amd64
LDflags -64

The aforementioned fix for lwp/waitkey.c which reappears again in
butc/lwps.c (line 349) and the threaded servers all needed the same fix as
lwp process.s for syscall.s in the makefile..

I commented out in venus/up.c around line 303 [if (errno >=sys_nerr)]
in two places where it uses sys_nerr and sys_errlist because you can't use
the -D_LP64 flag and those two functions under Solaris and are supposed to
use strerror instead.

The rest was just adding include files mainly <fcntl.h> in the vol stuff
(anywhere those open64 errors occurred and somewhere I had to add
<unistd.h> to fix an issue with ftruncate64() (I think clone.c when
building the threaded servers.)

That at least gets it to compile without choking the build. =)

Some of this stuff might just be because I defined a new machine type so I
could find the changes faster. *shrugs*

Sean

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University