[OpenAFS-devel] solaris 10 x86 64-bit lwp compile issues

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:33:07 -0500 (EST)

Maybe after I get it built. I ran into problems with open, open64, iopen,
iopen64, afs_open and stuff. It crapped out later on in the build process.
:)

I am kind of going through ifdef SHOCK right now. Not just the openafs,
the sun headers too are bad too at least as bad for stdio and stuff
related to the 64 bit support.  =) I axed all the open64's and then it
crapped out on a missing lwp function... Then i tried compiling lwp with
threads and too much stuff was getting redefined by lwp.h from what was
inherited from the sun headers to actually build and it failed miserably.
=)

I kind of need to go back and start over.. =-)

I think it i would probably be a good idea to inlcude both at least with
the 64-bit binaries for the time being but
The actual libs to ship, I think are similar to the solaris 7 32/64
essentially, it is /lib lib/amd64  with softlinks in /lib for 32 to
./ and 64 to amd64 so I wouldn't think it would be that hard once you
figure out the whole build process. =)