[OpenAFS-devel] question rxi_getAllAddrMaskMtu()

Dale Ghent daleg@umbc.edu
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:32:33 -0500

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> I suspect the real problem is that there are no prototypes for the
> function.

Yeah, a ton of the OpenAFS code base seems to still be non-ANSI (it
harks from the days of K&R style C) so lots of prototypes are missing.
Hence the metric crap-ton of "implicit declaration..." warnings that Sun
Studio dutifully emits. That, and the fact that (IIRC) Sun Studio 11 is
C99 compliant, so it tends to gripe way more than GCC. The fix for most
cases is to declare the functions. I guess it just hasn't been a
priority since compilers get over it and just do the right thing anyway.

/dale