[OpenAFS-devel] question rxi_getAllAddrMaskMtu()

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:57:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Dale Ghent wrote:

> Yeah, a ton of the OpenAFS code base seems to still be non-ANSI (it
> harks from the days of K&R style C) so lots of prototypes are missing.

Can the K&R style code be replaced with ansi code? Or is there a -real-
reason for keeping it around.

For example in bu_utils/fms.c
main(argc, argv)
     int argc;
     char **argv;

can this be safely changed to:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])

without breaking someones port?

Or should I be ifdef'ing this out with ifdef __STDC__ or something else ?

> I guess it just hasn't been a priority since compilers get over it and
> just do the right thing anyway.

I know it isn't a priority, because the compiler does do the "right
thing". It just gets annoying to see literally 5k warning messages. It
makes it a lot easier to see issues from the changes you make if you have
less warning to sort through from the start. It also makes you feel more
confident in the code itself. =)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University