[OpenAFS-devel] question rxi_getAllAddrMaskMtu()

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:50:10 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Sean O'Malley wrote:
>
> Why are you creating a second instance of the function in order to
> eliminate compiler warnings?

Im not.. Im saying that if i write a prototype for  rx/rx_getaddr.c it is
essentially:
int = rxi_getAllAddrMaskMtu(afs_int32, afs_int32,afs_int32, int)

which is different then the one in utils/netutils.c
which would be more like:
afs_uint32 = rxi_getAllAddrMaskMtu(afs_uint32, afs_uint32, afs_uint32, const afs_uint32)

Which would be two different proto's for the same function name.  Is there
any reason for this?

And along the same lines the last argument appears to be a constant
maxSize and MAXSIZE which to me seems like they should both be defined in
one place instead of two just for simplicfication purposes.

I assume the compiler is using the function in rx/rx_getaddrs but they are
both coming up with implicit function warnings. :)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University