[OpenAFS-devel] bosserver cleanup

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:11:19 +0100

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Why?  The name of the macro is just that, a name.  It only has meaning
> to the developers and we are well aware that simply because it is called
> "ViceLog" does not mean that the log entries are written to the same
> file as the file server log entries.
>
> If the consensus is that leaving the macro as "ViceLog" is too
> confusing, then the proper thing to do would be to rename it to
> something general and alter the file server code to use the new name.
Well, it's not too confusing for people who know the code a bit, but it
might put off people who read it for the first time.
I don't really care if we're using a second macro or rename the ViceLog
one, but I see your point.
If it has a change of being accepted I'll be willing to rework my patch
including your suggestion.