[OpenAFS-devel] cvs build 7FEB06 - stuck in salvaging filesystem mode

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:02:31 -0500

On Thursday, February 09, 2006 08:54:33 AM -0600 "Christopher D. Clausen"
<cclausen@acm.org> wrote:

> Christopher D. Clausen <cclausen@acm.org> wrote:
>> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> RC6 seems to work fine.  I imagine that I am experiencing some weird
> autoconf or automake problem.  I'll just wait for the next RC to be
> available for now.
>
> Can I ask what versions of autoconf and automake are used to prepare the
> RC sources?

Automake is not used at all, though aclocal is.  You should use the
regen.sh script, which will run the tools with the correct arguments and in
the correct order.

configure and aclocal.m4 always have a comment at the top indicating what
tool generated them, as do Makefile.in's generated by automake.

At present, the official OpenAFS source distributions are prepared using
autoconf-2.13 and aclocal from automake-1.4.  However, there is some
attempt made to maintain compatibility with newer versions.  If you
encounter a problem which is directly attributable to using a newer version
of one of these tools (particularly, if you are able to reproduce the
problem with the newer tools, but not with the versions I mentioned), you
should file a bug.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer