[OpenAFS-devel] Re: writing AFS-aware WebDav server; questions about lib[j]afs

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:23:22 -0800

>> > A PAG is nothing more or less than a group membership, from the

> Have you looked at libjuafs?  With libjuafs you could use
> afs_setpag_val() to bind cached creds to your worker threads as

Okay, now I'm a bit confused.  The comment for afs_setpag_val()
specifically refers to the calling *thread*, not process, which would
imply that in this case a PAG can be more fine-grained than setgid()
-- the kernel uses more than just the process GID to figure out which
tokens it can use.

Or is this what the AFS_WEB_ENHANCEMENTS thing is?  I never figured
out exactly what that meant, but I guess it would make sense if
AFS_WEB_ENHANCEMENTS meant "track PAGs using threads instead of
process GIDs"?

  - a