[OpenAFS-devel] Re: writing AFS-aware WebDav server; questions about lib[j]afs

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:10:05 -0500

On 2/13/06, Adam Megacz <megacz@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> > Have you looked at libjuafs?  With libjuafs you could use
> > afs_setpag_val() to bind cached creds to your worker threads as
>
> Okay, now I'm a bit confused.  The comment for afs_setpag_val()
> specifically refers to the calling *thread*, not process, which would
> imply that in this case a PAG can be more fine-grained than setgid()
> -- the kernel uses more than just the process GID to figure out which
> tokens it can use.

This functionality is specific to the _userspace_ cache manager.  For
libafs, the finest granularity with which you can map a context to a
PAG remains per-process.

-Tom