[OpenAFS-devel] Re: writing AFS-aware WebDav server; questions about lib[j]afs

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:00:28 -0800

Tom Keiser <tkeiser@gmail.com> writes:
>> Okay, now I'm a bit confused.  The comment for afs_setpag_val()
>> specifically refers to the calling *thread*, not process, which would
>> imply that in this case a PAG can be more fine-grained than setgid()
>> -- the kernel uses more than just the process GID to figure out which
>> tokens it can use.

> This functionality is specific to the _userspace_ cache manager.  For
> libafs, the finest granularity with which you can map a context to a
> PAG remains per-process.

                      ** light bulb blinks on **

Oh, so *that's* what the "u" in uafs means.  Duh.

All of this stuff makes much more sense now.  Much, much more sense.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380