[OpenAFS-devel] How do I get around com_err conflicts

Ilan Volow listboy@clarux.com
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:52:45 -0500

(My apologies for cross-posting, but I thought I might get some good
suggestions on this list in addition to any I get on port-darwin).

I'm trying to build aklog using XCode, OpenAFS 1.4.1 rc2,  and the
Kerberos that ships with 10.4, and I'm running into the conflicting
com_err conflicting types issue. I'm getting error messages such as:

error: conflicting types for 'com_err'
error: conflicting types for 'com_err_va'
error: conflicting types for 'error_message'
error: conflicting types for 'set_com_err_hook'
error: conflicting types for 'reset_com_err_hook'

I looked through the mailing list archives for solutions, but I
didn't seem to find anything that was a definite answer. However, if
I go into the directory created by decompressing the tarball, and
type "make aklog", it builds just fine.

Is there some sort of compiler flag that I need to be passing to
Xcode to get around the conflicting types?

--Ilan