[OpenAFS-devel] Problem obtaining openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc4 from anonymous cvs

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger@delamancha.org
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:43:33 -0500

Folks,

   I am trying to set up an OpenAFS server on my PowerMac G5 dual 2.0
Ghz system and clients on my other Mac computers.  All machines are
running Mac OS X 10.4.4.  I am under the impression that I need to
use 1-4-1 release candidate 4 for these machines.

   When I try to get the sources from anonymous cvs, I do not receive
all of the necessary files.  To wit:

-ipmonger@dns.local:~ 4% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/
cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:2401/cvs
CVS password: <I typed anonymous here>
-ipmonger@dns.local:~ 5% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/
cvs co -r openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc4 openafs
cvs checkout: Updating openafs
... <many lines elided>
-ipmonger@dns.local:~ 6% cd openafs/
-ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 7% ls
CVS                     README.DEVEL            doc
INSTALL                 README.OBSOLETE         install-sh
Makefile-libafs.in      README.SECURITY         libafsdep
Makefile.in             acconfig.h              missing
NEWS                    acinclude.m4            mkinstalldirs
README                  config.guess            regen.sh
README-NT               config.sub              src
README-WIN9X            configure-libafs.in
README.CVS              configure.in
-ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 8%

Note, for example, that the configure program is missing.

I copied that in from the openafs-1-4-0-src.tar.bz package and I get:

-ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 14% ./configure --with-afs-
sysname=ppc_darwin_80
... <many lines elided>
creating src/config/afsconfig.h
cat: ./src/config/afsconfig.h.in: No such file or directory

So, I copy that from the openafs-1-4-0 directory and re-run
configure, which seems successful.

Now, the make attempt:

-ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 37% make
... <many lines elided>
cd picobj && cc -I. -I.  -I/Users/ipmonger/openafs/src/config -I/
Users/ipmonger/openafs/include  -no-cpp-precomp  -c glue.c
case ppc_darwin_80 in \
*_linux*) \
      -Wl,-h,libafssetpag.so.1 \
         -o libafssetpag.so.1.0 -Wl,--version-script=./mapfile \
         picobj/setpag.o picobj/glue.o syscall.o;; \
rs_aix4*) \
      -o libafssetpag.so.1.0 picobj/setpag.o picobj/glue.o syscall.o \
         -bE:afssetpag.exp;; \
sun*_5*) \
      -h libafssetpag.so.1 \
         -o libafssetpag.so.1.0 picobj/setpag.o picobj/glue.o
syscall.o;; \
*) \
      -o libafssetpag.so.1.0 picobj/setpag.o picobj/glue.o syscall.o;; \
esac
/bin/sh: line 1: -o: command not found
make[3]: *** [libafssetpag.so.1.0] Error 127
make[2]: *** [sys] Error 2
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

somehow the value of SHLIB_LINKER isn't being properly set in
configure...

Is this in any way related to the fact that configure isn't getting
downloaded from cvs in the first place?

--jon