[OpenAFS-devel] Problem obtaining openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc4 from anonymous cvs

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:53:27 -0500

On Tuesday, January 17, 2006 03:43:33 PM -0500 Jon Allen Boone
<ipmonger@delamancha.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>    I am trying to set up an OpenAFS server on my PowerMac G5 dual 2.0
> Ghz system and clients on my other Mac computers.  All machines are
> running Mac OS X 10.4.4.  I am under the impression that I need to  use
> 1-4-1 release candidate 4 for these machines.
>
>    When I try to get the sources from anonymous cvs, I do not receive
> all of the necessary files.  To wit:
>
> -ipmonger@dns.local:~ 4% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/ cvs
> login
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:2401/cvs
> CVS password: <I typed anonymous here>
> -ipmonger@dns.local:~ 5% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/ cvs
> co -r openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc4 openafs
> cvs checkout: Updating openafs
> ... <many lines elided>
> -ipmonger@dns.local:~ 6% cd openafs/
> -ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 7% ls
> CVS                     README.DEVEL            doc
> INSTALL                 README.OBSOLETE         install-sh
> Makefile-libafs.in      README.SECURITY         libafsdep
> Makefile.in             acconfig.h              missing
> NEWS                    acinclude.m4            mkinstalldirs
> README                  config.guess            regen.sh
> README-NT               config.sub              src
> README-WIN9X            configure-libafs.in
> README.CVS              configure.in
> -ipmonger@dns.local:~/openafs 8%
>
> Note, for example, that the configure program is missing.
>
> I copied that in from the openafs-1-4-0-src.tar.bz package and I get:

Don't do that.  It will not work.
You will note that one of the files in the listing above is README.CVS,
which tells you things about the CVS repository, how to build from files
you checked out yourself, etc.  If you are going to build from CVS, please
follow the instructions in that file.

Alternately, you can use the source tarballs available from the OpenAFS web
site or in /afs/grand.central.org/software/openafs/candidate/1.4.1-rc4

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer