[OpenAFS-devel] Problem obtaining openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc4 from anonymous cvs

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger@delamancha.org
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:59:43 -0500

On Jan 17, 2006, at 15:53, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 17, 2006 03:43:33 PM -0500 Jon Allen Boone
> <ipmonger@delamancha.org> wrote:
>>
>> Note, for example, that the configure program is missing.
>>
>> I copied that in from the openafs-1-4-0-src.tar.bz package and I get:
>
> Don't do that.  It will not work.

   Obviously.

> You will note that one of the files in the listing above is
> README.CVS, which tells you things about the CVS repository, how to
> build from files you checked out yourself, etc.  If you are going
> to build from CVS, please follow the instructions in that file.

   I did read the file, but the bit about regen.sh didn't stand out.
I'd recommend separating it from the surrounding text in a usage
example or adding it to the Step-by-step example below, as that's
what draws the attention.

--jon