[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.2-beta2 still fails on RHEL3 due to missing krb524 definition

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:48:24 -0400

Quoting Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>:

[snip]
> However, src/config/afsconfig.h is not getting set properly:
>
> [root@vmware-rhel3 openafs-1.4.2-beta2]# grep 524 src/config/afsconfig.h
> /* Define if you have the krb5_524_convert_creds function.  */
> /* #undef HAVE_KRB5_524_CONVERT_CREDS */
> [root@vmware-rhel3 openafs-1.4.2-beta2]#
>
> I'm wondering if the AC_DEFINE() is interacting poorly with the
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS() when they both want to define HAVE_KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC?
> I have no idea why HAVE_KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC isn't even listed
> in src/config/afsconfig.h!
>
> I do know that my previous patch that I submitted after 1.4.1
> worked.  Yes, it was more complicated, but it did work.  I don't
> know why this one isn't working -- I thought I had actually tested
> it before.

[snip]

> Any ideas?  I'm wondering if it's a problem with the version of autoconf
> used to generate the configure script?  The script is still generated
> with autoconf 2.13 -- I did my testing with 2.5x.  So.. It's possible
> that this is an autoconf bug?  I'll test this theory and get back to you.

Okay, rerunning autoconf didn't help.  It looks like part of the problem
is that HAVE_KRB524_CONVERT_CREDS_KDC isn't in src/config/afsconfig.h.in
and I have no idea why.  That file is autogenerated by autoheader, so
I can't really provide a patch for that.  :(

If I rerun regen.sh (using modern auto-tools) then afsconfig.h is correctly
populated with both symbols.  So, did someone forget to rerun regen.sh
before building the beta2 tarball?  Or are the autotools on the tarball
system so old that we're hitting an autoheader bug?

-derek