[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.2-beta2 still fails on RHEL3 due to missing krb524 definition

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:57:05 -0400

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> If I rerun regen.sh (using modern auto-tools) then afsconfig.h is correctly
>> populated with both symbols.  So, did someone forget to rerun regen.sh
>
> "rerun" implies there'd be a configure checked in, which obviously there's
> not.

No, it implies that the gatekeeper already has a cvs checkout
and just does a "cvs update" before performing "make dist".
Not being a gatekeeper I'm unclear of the "make dist" process
that you use.

>> before building the beta2 tarball?  Or are the autotools on the tarball
>> system so old that we're hitting an autoheader bug?
>
> I'd bet on that. We need to do something, and it's on my list for this
> week, so we can take Chas Williams' kbuild configure patch

Thanks.  I would just recommend you bite the bullet and update your
autotools.  I think autoconf-2.59 and autmake-1.9 seem particularly
modern, stable, and mostly bug-free.

-derek