[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:23:19 -0400

>I'm not wrong; recent versions of Linux have the option of making certain
>things read-only, but do not have that feature enabled by default.  Even on
>systems where CONFIG_DEBUG_RODATA is disabled, you get PAG's; they just
>don't survive setgroups.  We could work around this; we've simply chosen
>not to, for now.

I will only say this: on the system in question that we have here, it
_is_ enabled by the vendor by default.  Still sounds like you're wrong to
me, but I'm not really interested in discussing it any further.

--Ken