[OpenAFS-devel] setgroups() fails to change pag under linux 2.6

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 07:06:56 -0400

In message <200607212104.k6LL4Vgg022628@pongo.cs.wisc.edu>,David Thompson write
s:
>be issues at one level or another as long as that limitation remains in
>effect.  If I understand the discussion that's been going on in parallel with
>this one (re: keyring support), it looks like pag IDs are going to continue to

initially it will likely be limited to 24 bits.  but there is no reason
that pags could take advantage of a full 32 bits on linux.  since the
pag information wont be stored in groups you wont need to double check
the validity of the pag number you decode.