[OpenAFS-devel] Limit on number of partitions?

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:48:08 -0400

On 6/7/06, Alf Wachsmann <alfw@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what is the current limit on the number of /vicpeXY partitions per server?
> Is it still this:
>
> "AFS supports up to 256 server (/vicep) partitions on a file server
> machine. This corresponds to directory names /vicepa through /vicepz and
> /vicepaa through /vicepiv."
> (http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/ReleaseNotes-3.6/aurns004.htm#HDRREQ_ALL)

That's still accurate, although I'd caution that /vicepiv may not work
properly.  I seem to recall seing several places in the volume package
where comparison operators were checking for < VOLMAXPARTS instead of
<=, and arrays being initialized to size VOLMAXPARTS instead of
VOLMAXPARTS+1...

-Tom