[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Problem with IP address based ACL?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:11:22 -0400

On Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:40:55 PM -0400 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
wrote:

> I assume these are leftover from the days when not all platforms had
> varargs, and can be changed now to use varargs.  Unfortunately this is
> easier said than done.

No.  ubik_Call cannot use varargs, because it does not know the number and
type of arguments, and the function it's ultimately passing them to is not
aware that anything special is going on.

We do have a plan for how to handle this, but it will take some time to get
it right and change all of the places where ubik_Call is currently used.
In the meantime, Derrick is working on a proof-of-concept implementation
which will fix the cases where we believe this is causing regular
fileserver crashes on certain platforms.

-- Jeff