[OpenAFS-devel] not sure what to do about rlim / ppc64 / linux task struct

Marco Hoehle MHO@zurich.ibm.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:08:59 +0200

Hi Christian,

thanks a lot - it seems to be really dirty -> but working !

Regards
marco

             Christian
             Guggenberger
             <christian.guggen                                          To
             berger@rzg.mpg.de         Marco Hoehle <MHO@zurich.ibm.com>
             >                                                          cc
                                       openafs-devel@openafs.org
             06/23/06 05:43 PM                                     Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAFS-devel] not sure what
                                       to do about rlim / ppc64 / linux
             Please respond to         task struct
                 Christian
               Guggenberger
             <christian.guggen
             berger@rzg.mpg.de

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:33:33PM +0200, Marco Hoehle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after upgrading my ppc64 (IBM OpenPower P720) hosts to a newer kernel
> release ( von 2.6.7 to 2.6.16) I am unable to build any libafs module on
> these machines.
> On the x86 based hosts this is no problem.  OpenAFS release is 1.4.1 - i
> tried it with 1.4.0 / 1.4.1 / 1.5.0 and 1.5.2.
>
> Here is where it breaks . What does this RLIM mean and what can I do to
> make the module build ?

please see
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2006-April/013770.html

to workaround the problem. Please keep in mind to use 1.4.1-rc10
(as 1.4.1-final and 1.4.2-beta will oops while searching for the syscall
tables). Also, don't forget to exec ./regen.sh in the toplevel source
after changing the *.m4 files.

cheers.
 - Christian

Phone        +49-89-3299-1306