[OpenAFS-devel] not sure what to do about rlim --- also on other 64 bit machines?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:16:55 -0400

In message <4B581E744A3961C820B47CE8@mariner.pc.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman w
rites:
>> way KBUILD_BASENAME is handled and requires a new macro KBUILD_STR.
>> i rewrote the linux kernel tests (see openafs bug 34561) to understand
>> this.  however, it would probably be a good idea to make the tests a bit
>> more kernel friendly under 2.6 by using the existing kernel build system.
>> this would always test with the 'right' flags.
>
>I agree, as do several others.  Find us a tuit.  Any shape will do; I'll
>round it off myself if necessary (hm, though that might require a round one
>to use as a template...).

i rewrote all the kernel test macros to use a single template so that
is a pretty good start.  the problem with sles 10 apparently is the same
as 2.6.17.  some headers require you atleast include autoconf.h now.

using the kernel test environment should be fairly simple, but guessing
which you need (2.2/2.4 or 2.6 tests) is annoying.