[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 2.6.16 linux and d_cache

William John Murray w.j.murray@rl.ac.uk
Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:56:05 +0000

Marc Dionne wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I managed to compile and run the current CVS head on a 2.6.15-1.1977
> kernel (FC5), modulo the following adjustments:
>
> 1 - Patch to acinclude.m4 that I posted earlier, to enable the
> STRUCT_INODE_HAS_I_MUTEX flag
> 2 - Replacing AFSTOI by AFSTOV, and ITOAFS by VTOAFS in
> afs_callback.c. (like you, don't now where these are supposed to be
> defined)
> 3 - Changing a "register int" declaration to "int" in ubik/vote.c to
> work around a compiler crash
> 4 - Finally, compiling a new kernel with this patch:
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0602.2/0936.html
>
> I haven't used it extensively, but so far it seems functional.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc

Thanks Marc,
           I applied all the above, and can indeed 'ls' afs areas, but I
realised klog doesn't work.
I get a segmentation fault in:
 afs_int32 savecontext(ep, savearea, sp)

at:
case 1:
  (*EP) ();

ep is pointing to Create_Process_Part2, which seems legal,
but the programme segfaults rather than trying to run EP.
   Any ideas on that one?
      Bill