[OpenAFS-devel] is multihoming supported under openafs these days?

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:43:09 +0100

Hi,
   I am just following an old discussion on this list and have the
following problem on Gentoo linux with a server having 3 net
interfaces. AFS tries to use all of them. I gathered from the
discussion it is difficult to set up afs use different interfaces
for different purposes. OK, let's at least make it to ignore those
two local interfaces:

# vos listaddrs
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
phylo.natur.cuni.cz
192.168.1.254
192.168.2.254
taxo5.natur.cuni.cz
#

the first row points to the preferred interface (actually eth0), and
the last row points to another machine having only a single
interface. The addresses 192.168. are local interfaces eth1 and
eth2. How can I get rid of them?

# ls -la /usr/afs/local/sysid
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32 Mar  7 18:36 /usr/afs/local/sysid
# cat /usr/afs/local/NetInfo
195.113.57.18
#

How can I make sure openafs has picked up the file? I am using
openafs package made by Gentoo (1.4.0-r2) and it installs into
different directories (thus am not sure /usr/afs/local/NetInfo is
picked up).

"vos changeaddr x.x.x.x -remove" did not help as it complains
volumes exist on the server (but listvldb shows them as being on the
eth0 IP address). :((

Thanks for any help.
Martin