[OpenAFS-devel] Question about inode base fileserver vs namei base fileserver

Pedro Perez pperez@opensourcetechnologies.net
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:11:39 -0500

Which of the two fileservers is the default been built when configure is
ran without any options?

I know that in Linux openafs builds the namei fileserver by default
(https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2004-October/011062.html),
but I am not sure about any other OS.

The main reason I am asking is because there is a ./configure option called:
    --enable-namei-fileserver

which says:
    "force compilation of namei fileserver in preference to inode
fileserver"

It appears from the help message that the inode base fileserver is still
the default when building openafs.

On the other hand, if the namei base fileserver is been build by
default, then there should not be a reason to "force" anything.

Thanks,
--
Pedro Perez