[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OSX] Service startup proposal

Franco Milicchio milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:24:52 +0100

On Mar 12, 2006, at 12:16am, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Franco Milicchio <milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it> writes:
>> What do you think about this? Is it that stupid? :)
>
> I think it's a fantastic idea.  Please let us know how it goes.

I suggest also that we move in 1.5.x to launchd. The StartupItems way
is deprecated in 10.4, and no one knows what will happen in next
releases.

I can make also a launchd item, no problem, it's fairly simple. As
soon as I have something stable, I will post here the modifications.
For now, OpenAFS can be started at boot depending on /etc/hostconfig
(stable).

For a Share preferences item, it's a bit more complex, but anyway, no
one says we must do this way, although it's a very nice thing. Again,
for now I'm doing an AFS controller with AppleScript that starts/
stops AFS and sets the start at boot flag --- it works, and probably
works on other versions, I'm ``beta'' testing it :)

Cheers!

--
Franco Milicchio <milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]