[OpenAFS-devel] [Q] CVS/SVN, and a request

Franco Milicchio milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:10:20 +0100

Hi again.

I'm just asking for more informations, don't think about a flame! :)

I'm just annoyed by the uneasy CVS terminology and file handling with
respect to subversion. Is there any idea about porting the current
CVS archive to SVN in the future? Automated tools do exist and should
work, at least, I had successfully ported a CVS branch to subversion.

Another question, or better, a request.

In the CVS page on the web site, I feel the lack of a ``detailed''
description of the remote source archive, in particular, which branch
to use, something like:

For all OpenAFS versions, CVSROOT must be set
to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/cvs, and specific branches are:
OpenAFS 1.5.x:  openafs_1_5_devel_i_dont_know_the_new_branch
OpenAFS Tiger:  openafs_1_5_devel_i_dont_know_the_tiger_branch

That's only for completeness, since announcements here or in the
announcement ML rarely carry this information... and I don't know
where to start working on the 1.5 branch for OSX :)

Thanks!

--
Franco Milicchio <milicchio@dia.uniroma3.it>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]