[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket Questions

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:10:48 -0500

>This sounds like it would make an excellent DTS support question.  Do
>any of the people working on this code have an ADC Select Membership
>they could use to ask about this? If not, let me know who the right
>person is on your end, and I'll get them hooked up.

I can't speak for anyone else ... I don't know if we have anyone here
(in our group) that has ADC Select membership.  But I guess it's only
$500/year ... maybe I could swing that with management.

>> Shifting gears a bit ... as long as we're talking about OpenAFS, MacOS
>> X, and the AFS token, it would be useful if we could reference AFS
>> tokens by the MacOS Security Session (the one that's created by
>> SessionCreate()), rather than by userid as we do now.  I guess all we
>> would really need from the MacOS side is a way inside of the kernel
>> to know what session a particular process belongs to.  This would
>> let us do PAGs the "right" way on MacOS X.
>
>This sounds like an excellent Apple bug report/feature request.
>Could you please file that -- being as specific as possible -- and
>send me the bug number?
>
>http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

I'll try to do this later today.

--Ken