[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket Questions

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:17:07 +0100

--==========8A2865018098C7050658==========

--On 22. M=E4rz 2006 11:04:59 +0100 Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se> wrote:

> Alexis wrote about the $USER:
>> They want to be prompted for tickets when they need new ones (or have
>> them automatically acquired in the pkinit case).
>
> Just my 0.50SEK: In that case the apps accessing the file system must
> get a lot smarter. I don't even know if they could do the job without
> a crystal ball.

That depends on what you expect it to do.

> Take the Finder. Say my box is in the pdc.kth.se cell per default
> autenticated in the NADA.KTH.SE realm.

I'd say that all the GUI should ever do is prompt the user when the token=20
for the default cell has expired or is about to expire. Everything else is=20
way too complicated and affects only a fraction of all users.
--=20
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Geb=E4ude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK
.:.Universit=E4t zu K=F6ln / Cologne University - Tel. +49-221-478-5587.:.
                   .:.:.:.Skype: shagedorn.:.:.:.
--==========8A2865018098C7050658==========

--==========8A2865018098C7050658==========--