[OpenAFS-devel] klog seg faults on FC5

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:48:14 +0200 (MEST)

> The glibc included with FC5 has a change that breaks the lwp code in
> openafs.  The setjmp() function now mangles the stack pointer, and the
> lwp code has to be able to do the same mangling to be able to modify the
> pointer.

That may ring a bell. Lately, all my arlad crashed unless I compile
with --with-pthreads which in Arlas case makes lwp a wrapper around
pthreads. Pthreads on Linux on the other hand seems to be more stable
nowadays than the house of cards on a folding table in a runaway train
down sherman hill it used to be. So you might find the wrap-pthreads
stuff useful.

Harald.