[OpenAFS-devel] IMAP archive of this and -info lists

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 06 May 2006 19:40:16 -0400

On Friday, May 05, 2006 08:50:54 PM -0400 Kevin <lists@gnosysllc.com> wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I seem to recall (6-8 months ago) being able to access through anonymous
> IMAP an archive of this list and the openafs-info list at
> cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu, but I don't see such archives anymore.
>
> I see public folders:
> archive.info-afs (which I suspect is no longer used)
> and
> archive.openafs (which I can't access because my IMAP client is
> apparently getting told that the folder doesn't exist, although I see
> the folder in the folder list of the archive folder)
>
> I'm using the latest Mozilla Thunderbird for IMAP access in this case.
> I haven't tried yet with other clients.  I'm pretty sure I've used v1.0x
> of tbird for this access before with no problems, but it's been awhile
> since I tried gaining access to this archive this way.
>
> Have the OpenAFS IMAP archive stores been removed from this server?

No; they still exist.  The mailboxes you're looking for are named

archive.openafs.openafs-info
archive.openafs.openafs-devel

and so on.  There is no mailbox named archive.openafs.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer