[OpenAFS-devel] which is best pam_module for heimdal+openafs?

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Tue, 30 May 2006 18:51:37 +0200

Hi,
  I am a bit lost with setup of pam modules which would give me
kerberos tickets and afs tokens upon su and interactive login.
pam-krb5-2 (from fedora) which seems to be a rewrite of pam-krb5
from Balasz Gal (available from sourceforge.net) works for me fine
for su(1).

  It seems for sessions I need lib-pam-openafs, which is a patched
and renamed version of libpam-openafs-krb5 by Ubuntu linux people.
Could someone tell me what is the best setup?

  And, I think for scp(1) I would also prefer to get kerberos ticket
and afs token, although that does not probably call the session stuff.

  Is is there something provided directly through openafs-package which
I am not ware of?
Thanks for help.
Martin