[OpenAFS-devel] mount-point inode-number inconsistencies with openafs-1.4.1

Alexander Bergolth leo@strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Tue, 30 May 2006 21:26:52 +0200

On 05/30/06 19:42, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> In message <447C75A0.60003@strike.wu-wien.ac.at>,Alexander Bergolth writes:
>> P.S.: I also noticed several hangs with 1.4.1. where one filesystem
>> operation blocks forever and seems to lock out any other openafs
>> file-operations until a reboot. I can send you some kernel-stack-traces
>> of hanging processes on request.
>
> this might be interesting.  what are you doing to make this
> happen?

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to trigger this so far.
It happened twice on a freshly installed FC5 system after some days of
uptime. Suddenly users couldn't login anymore. The stack-dumps of the
hanging processes all show rxi_ReadProc, the afs_callback kernel-thread
shows rxi_SendXmitList, maybe it holds a lock that blocks the others?

You can see an excerpt of stack-dumps at
   http://leo.kloburg.at/tmp/openafs-hangs.txt

Please let me know which additional debugging info would be needed,
maybe I can extract it when the next freeze occurs. (The system is
rebooted now and doesn't show the error yet again.)

Cheers,
--leo

P.S.: No firewall is involved.

Alexander.Bergolth@wu-wien.ac.at                Fax: +43-1-31336-906050
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste - Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien - Austria