[OpenAFS-devel] Mac OS X 10.4.6 and OpenAFS server issues

Jon Allen Boone ipmonger@delamancha.org
Wed, 31 May 2006 13:45:14 -0400

   I've tried compiling the 1.4.1 release code out of CVS and using
it to set up a server on my Mac running Mac OS 10.4.6.  I keep
getting kernel panic / hanging issues when the /vicea and /viceb
partitions are mounted and then openafs tries to start.

   I have two questions:

   1.  How do I get a better idea of where in the process the panic/
hang is happening?

   2.  Is it really necessary for /vice[a,b] to be separate
partitions?  Spotlight and some other proccess (diskarbitrationd?
Finder?) keep adding .files to the partitions, which I'm guessing is
playing a part in the problem.

--jon