[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS and OpenSSH, PAM, tokens

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:44:17 -0600

Russ Allbery wrote:

> lamont <lamont@scriptkiddie.org> writes:
>

>>The pam_krb5afs in RedHat (I think RHEL4 or later) works around this issue
>>by introducing a use_shmem flag so that they can communicate between
>>processes.
>

> I think this is a ridiculously over-complex way of addressing the problem,
> but then I have that problem with most things in the Red Hat PAM module.

I agree. The krb5 and AFS should be in seperate pam modules. Thus the pam_krb5
is the same with or without AFS. The pam_afs* then relies on the cache having
been saved and the KRB5CCNAME having been set in the pam_env so the aklog
can find it.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory