[OpenAFS-devel] pt_util documentation

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 22:41:06 -0700

Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu> writes:

> I just wrote up some documentation for pt_util, here
> 	/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/tmp/pt_util.pod

> I expect to include this along with other mostly less
> interesting documentation improvements with rxk5.

I have reformatted and edited this slightly and added it to the tree on
the grounds that it's more comprehensive than what we have for Debian
right now and I'd like to include it in the Debian package.  It's only in
HEAD right now though in case you'd rather that I not pull it up yet; I
wanted to give you a chance to object.

Unfortunately, I think we probably should include the copyright and
license statement directly in the man page if it's necessary, since
otherwise distributions like Debian get in trouble if the packages with
the man pages don't all depend on a package that provides the copyright
page.

I haven't yet studied Sam's man page in detail to be sure that this
includes everything it has.

Thank you!