[OpenAFS-devel] Towards a better PAM setup

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:48:30 -0700

Roland Kuhn <rkuhn@e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

> Yes: That's EXCELLENT! I'd LOVE to contribute, but alas, I'm still not
> finished with my PhD and the time frames for those two projects  overlap
> approx. 100% :-(

Well, my experience with pam-krb5 is that I solved all of my personal
problems in the first month or two of work, but having a public
development tree and regular releases shook loose a lot of other
interesting problems and often patches to fix them.  So I expect that the
module will continue to evolve over time as people find new and exciting
things they want to do with it, and there will always be time later to
improve it.

I'm not sure if I'll manage to get a 1.0 release done before the middle of
November since I'm about to take an extended vacation, but I will poke at
this a bit before I go and see how far I get.