[OpenAFS-devel] Request for update on fsync() batching patch and namei on Solaris zfs

Joshua Johnson joshua.johnson@ftlsys.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:37:36 -0500

All,

	I don't want to re-hash last months discussion, but I am wondering if the
fsync() batching patch #30632(resolved) made it into 1.4.2 (I couldn't find
a reference in the delta's so I thought I'd ask).

	I am looking into doing namei on zfs and want to know if I am going to
step into something smelly.

	My fileservers are low volume (very low) and I don't release or clone or
restore volumes that much so I can withstand a slowdown penalty (because of
the zfs fsync() bug) but if anyone knows of other issues I'd love to hear.

With Kind Regards,

Joshua Johnson