[OpenAFS-devel] Request for update on fsync() batching patch and namei on Solaris zfs

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:57:26 -0400

On Oct 24, 2006, at 09:37, Joshua Johnson wrote:

> All,
>
> 	I don't want to re-hash last months discussion, but I am wondering
> if the fsync() batching patch #30632(resolved) made it into 1.4.2
> (I couldn't find a reference in the delta's so I thought I'd ask).
>
> 	I am looking into doing namei on zfs and want to know if I am
> going to step into something smelly.
>
> 	My fileservers are low volume (very low) and I don't release or
> clone or restore volumes that much so I can withstand a slowdown
> penalty (because of the zfs fsync() bug) but if anyone knows of
> other issues I'd love to hear.

Other than the fsync() bug, you might want to look into tuning the
record size in ZFS...  Our server were doing production testing on
was *very* read-happy.

-rob