[OpenAFS-devel] openafs on debian with linux 2.6.18 kernel

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:05:19 -0700

Jan Pospisil <honik@kma.zcu.cz> writes:

> 1. In the source distribution openafs-1.4.2-src.tar (available on the
> web), and therefore as well as in the openafs-modules-source debian
> package, there is a wrong absolute path to cpp (there is no /lib/cpp on
> debians i386_*).

There is; it's an alternative managed by the cpp package, which gcc
depends on.  gcc is part of build-essential, and openafs-modules-source
can't be used without build-essential installed.  So I'm not sure how you
could have managed to get into this state.