[OpenAFS-devel] [CSL #328045] kernel BUG: file locks and openafs 1.4.2

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:12:37 -0400 (EDT)

David:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, David Thompson wrote:

> We've seen it with Firefox (for user with home directory in afs: open browser
> on host A, then on host B, then close B, then close A.  A dies with BUG
> described earlier.)  Probably locking/deleting going on as per your example.

Yes, Firefox 1.5+ uses flock() as part of its profile lock routine; we saw
the same crashes.

BTW, OpenAFS does not work correctly with firefox 1.5+ on linux prior to
1.4.3 either.  (also due to issues with lock handling)

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu