[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris afs.rc file damage

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:54:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> We use the workaround code we have for that eventuality.

I apologize but I get scared when people start talking about workaround
code.. =)

How good is the workaround code? Can we get similar performance out of it?

I am wondering whether it would be smarter to just plan to slowly dump all
syscalls now and incorporate it as a design feature rather then wait.

I do realize it takes time to do correctly. Although since it is mostly
IBM licensed code they might have an "easy button" for it. *ducks* :)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University