[OpenAFS-devel] Kerberos v5 Principal Names containing dots in the first component

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:04:30 -0500

I agree with Ken that there may only be a handfull of special
cases. There may also be an approach 4.

4. Map compound K5 principal names, to name1/name2 rather
    then  name1.name2 in the PTS. i.e. use K5 separator and rules
    rather then K4.

This would require a site to go through there PTS and look at current
entries. But it would be much more in line with K5. The mapping of "host"
to "rcmd" and other K4 mapping should also be looked at. If AFS is
dropping K4, then it should drop its conventions in the PTS too.