[OpenAFS-devel] Re: pagsh in krbafs vs openafs

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 05:15:16 +0200

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 07:39:31PM -0400, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >Axel Thimm wrote:
> > =20
> >>On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:34:56PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> >>   =20

> >>That is out of my hands, this is a package that is shipped on Fedora
> >>and RHEL proper and any user can install it. Whether it is sane or not
> >>is another question, but asking Red Hat to remove this to fix the
> >>above will not work, espcially not from released distributions.
> >>
> >>(FWIW it's not on RHEL5 anymore, but still on F7, F8 and of course the
> >>elder distros)
> >>   =20
> >
> >I agree.  Its not our responsibility to rename our commands after 20
> >years because a vendor decided to package up conflicting functionality
> >and make it available to their end users.
> >
> >Doing so would only further confuse our user base.
> >

> > =20
> what about putting a "conflicts" or "obsoletes" rpm field in there?

If that solves the issues I'm all for it. But I can't estimate the
difference in functionality, and whether there would be any impact to
users if krbafs-utils would be automatically replaced by
openafs-client simply by enabling ATrpms.

> Is there anything that krbafs-utils provides that openafs+krb5 doesn't

krbafs-utils contains pagsh, afslog, kstring2key and the respective
man pages.
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR