[OpenAFS-devel] making supergroups the default and removing the option?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:09:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> While on IRC, Chris Clausen suggested making the SUPERGROUPS option the
> default and removing the option to disable it. I know that this changes the
> ptserver behaves.

Enabling it in the pts (client) always is harmless regardless. Enabling it
in the server isn't really an issue either to the extent that we do it
only in 1.5 and not change the behavior for a minor release (1.4.5)

I believe (and hopefully Marcus will correct me if I'm wrong) it would be
trivial to make supergroups enabled in binaries without changing any
behavior, by simply changing the default of depthsg in ptutils.c to 0 from
5.