[OpenAFS-devel] Fwd: [patch review] libafs solaris cleanup

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:19:46 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Jim Rees wrote:

> Matt Benjamin wrote:
>
>  Respectfully, I haven't seen this stylistic preference in Unix source
>  code or style guidelines (eg, Rob Pike).
>
> style(9) calls for using parens.  But most of the existing afs code leaves
> out the parens, and I think it's best to be consistent with what we have.

Agreed.

> And as Jeffrey notes, it's best not to put in a bunch of style changes in a
> patch.

Yes, this is absolutely critical. We periodically have had "stlye flag
days" e.g. the retabification of all the source, but we don't really want
to take these piecemeal.